- What Data Does Somabar Collect?
- How We Use Your Data
- What Data May Be Shared With Third Parties?
- Other Ways You Might Share Your Data
- Your Choices
- Somabar’s Policies for Children
- How Does Somabar Keep My Data Safe?
- How Does Somabar Handle Data From International Visitors?
- Contact Us
What Data Does Somabar Collect?
When you fill out our contact form: When you send us an email via the contact form on our Site, the information you provide, such as name, company name, e-mail, phone number and other information will be emailed to us so that we can respond to you.
When you activate and use your Device and App:
- Information input during setup
- Your usage history and consumption information
- Technical information from the Device and Apps
- Network information
Information input during setup: When activating a Device, you will be asked to download the App, create an account, and enter information about yourself. We use this information to personalize your experience and preferences.
Technical information from the Device and Apps: In order to improve your experience over time and help troubleshoot any problem you may encounter with the Device, we record your Device model and serial number, software version, and technical information.
Network information: To access your Device over the Internet from a a smartphone or a tablet, you will need to connect it to your Wi-Fi network. During setup, the Device will ask for your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password to connect to the Internet. It will save this information on the device, along with your IP address, so that it can communicate with Somabar servers and download software updates. Once connected to your Wi-Fi network, your Device regularly uploads to Somabar cloud servers the data mentioned above (excluding your Wi-Fi password) to provide you with the service.
When you create a Somabar account: If you want to access certain functions of the Services, you must create a Somabar account. When you create a Somabar account, we ask for some personal information, including your email address and date of birth. Your email address will be your Somabar account user name, which you will use to log-into your account.
When you make purchases from our store: We do not view or store your credit card information. This is handled by our third-party payment processor. We store your shipping address so we can process your order through our fulfillment partner. If you are logged into your Somabar account when you purchase something on our Site, we associate that order with your Somabar account.
When you contact us for help: Whenever you contact Somabar for help, we collect your name and email address along with additional information you provide in your request so that we can provide you with assistance and improve the Services. If you contact us when you are already logged in to your account, the web form automatically pre-fills this information, so you don’t have to type it manually. You can also contact Somabar on public forums such as Twitter or Facebook; however, we cannot maintain the privacy of your communication to us if you contact us through these channels.
How We Use Your Data
Somabar uses your data to provide and improve the Services, including usage history and consumption information. Here are some examples:
- Historical consumption information is used to improve the Services and to make suggestions.
- Contact information is used to send you notifications, ask you to participate in surveys about your usage, and to inform you about new features or products we think you would be interested in. We may use service providers to perform some of these functions. Those service providers are restricted from sharing your information for any other purpose.
- Our service technicians and other Somabar employees have limited access to your information so they can answer your questions if you contact us for help and so they can monitor our servers for technical problems.
- Data and logs are used in research to understand and improve the Device and Services; to troubleshoot the Services; to detect and protect against error; and to enforce the Somabar Terms of Service. We may work with analytics companies to help us understand how the Site and the App are being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage.
- De-identified data that does not identify you may be used to publish trends about consumption; for marketing and promotional use; or for sale to interested audiences. See “Data That Does Not Identify You” to learn more.
What Data May Be Shared With Third Parties?
We do not sell any data that could identify you. We only share data about you when it is necessary to provide the Services, when the data is de-identified and aggregated, or when you direct us to share it.
Data that could identify you: Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, or data that could reasonably be linked back to you. We will only share this data under the following circumstances:
- With companies that are contractually engaged in providing us with services, such as order fulfillment, email management and credit card processing. These companies are obligated by contract to safeguard any PII they receive from us.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us), or governmental or regulatory request, to enforce or apply the Terms of Service, to protect the security or integrity of the Services, and/or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Somabar, its employees, users, or others. If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
Data that does not identify you (de-identified data): Somabar may share or sell aggregated, de-identified data that does not identify you, with partners and the public in a variety of ways, such as by providing research or reports about consumption trends.
Other Ways You Might Share Your Data
Surveys: Somabar may also ask you to participate in surveys (processed by Somabar or third parties) that help us understand your use of the Services. Any PII you provide to Somabar (or supplied by you or Somabar to such third-party survey providers) in connection with these surveys will only be used in relation to that survey and as stated in this policy.
Storage of your personal information: Somabar generally stores your personal information on its servers until you request that we delete it or edit it. You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Services. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you, you may contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, and any other situation where we believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
When we contact you: If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us through our customer service portal, accessible from our Site, or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Services.
Stopping collection of App data: You can stop all collection of information by the App by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. If you wish to request that we delete any information about you, you may contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Deactivating your account: You can deactivate your Somabar account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you do, data that can identify you will be removed from the Services. Backup copies of this data will be removed from our server based upon an automated schedule, which means it may persist in our archive for a short period. Somabar may continue to use your de-identified data after you deactivate your account.
Somabar’s Policies for Children
Somabar is not directed at persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any PII from children under 13. If you are aware of a user under the age of 13 using Somabar, please contact us at email@example.com.
How Does Somabar Keep My Data Safe?
Somabar uses a combination of technical and administrative security controls to maintain the security of your data. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Does Somabar Handle Data From International Visitors?
The Services is hosted and operated entirely in the United States and is subject to United States law. Any personal information that you provide to Somabar is being transferred to Somabar for use solely in the United States and will be hosted on United States servers. You consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States. If you are accessing the Services from outside the United States, please be advised that United States law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
Technologies we use: Like many websites, we and our third party partners analyze log file information and other data collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technology, to collect information about your browsing behavior when you visit our website, including for example, your browser type, domains, page views, IP address, referring/exit pages, information about how you interact with our Site’s webpages and with third party links, traffic and usage trends on the service, etc. We use session cookies to keep you logged in while you use features of our web application; these disappear after you close your browser. We also use persistent cookies, which stay in your browser and allow us to recognize you when you return to the Site. We use this to remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it, to better understand how you use our website, to diagnose and fix technology problems, and otherwise enhance our services. In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Site. We track this click-through data to help us measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. We also use third party analytics tools (including Google Analytics) to assist us with analyzing and improving our service. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to change the settings to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you set your browser to reject cookies, parts of our Site may not work for you. Please note, depending on your type of device or browser, it may not be possible to delete or disable all tracking mechanisms on your appliance.
We use third-party data analytics platforms, including Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Optimizely and Mouseflow, to collect information about your use of the Services and enable us to improve the Services. The information allows us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Services, helps us record any difficulties you have with the Services, shows us whether our advertising is effective or not, and allows us to use responses to advertisements to optimize ad performance. See below for more information, or to opt out of these practices:
- Mouseflow collects information related to mouse clicks, mouse movements, scroll behavior, and/or keystroke activity, but it does not collect personally identifiable information on our behalf or track users’ browsing habits across other websites that do not use Mouseflow. You can learn more about Mouseflow’s practices by visiting http://mouseflow.com/privacy.
Date of Last Revision: 2/23/2018
You can email us with any questions or comments at email@example.com.
1133 Westwood Blvd., 2nd FL
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Our Terms of Service can be found by clicking HERE
Our End User License Agreement (“EULA”) can be found by clicking HERE